View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: An interesting J6s hand.

Some of you have said just call. Without a doubt this hand is definately a instant call. I can understand wanting to see a flop but there are not many flops that will make J6s hold up against 5 players. If a jack flops I am no good - a flush and I am still worried. 2pair - mabye good.

I did not really see this hand as a squeeze play in the HOH traditional sense. I wanted to put alot of pressure on the other players in the hand. Based on my reads I felt this pot was mine for the taking. If I dont take it down preflop I am not that big of a dog against my opponents hand ranges. I just cant see the hand going call, call, call, call. The all-in is definately not going to be all around. It will be heads up at worst. My tournament was not at risk and I would still be a big stack. If I win the pot my stack will easily take me to the final table.

Some of you had pointed out the odds the other players were getting. Each had about 18k left and the pots was 50k at that point. What hands woiuld any of you call all in with there? Even if you are getting 3:1 it is your tournament on the line. What hands do you call with if you are MP2? Or CO? What hands do you put me on?

I was representing a real big hand. You could put me on AK, JJ+. I could not see anyone calling with 88, 66, JTs, 89s, QTo or similar low pair/suited connector hands. I definately felt at worst I would get the pot heads up against AQ, AK, TT, or 99.