View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:32 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: KK vs a very tricky player

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like capping the turn...because if he has garbage then he's just going to fold.
By calling the turn there you let him continue to entertain the idea that he can bluff you out or that his T is good or whatever.

Just because they are insane doesn't mean they are total idiots.
Capping the turn is likely to push him out when he's drawing dead and you don't induce another bet on the river.

Worthwhile thought?? Or is capping just the obvious choice here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given description, opponent will never fold a J or T, may think his JT is the nuts, could very well have a str8 draw, will take A high to the river and may call a river bet with it. Of course, a 3 is also within his range.

No, maniacs are not total idiots, they know that a flush beats a straight, two pair beats one, but they are still maniacs for a reason. I do differentiate between LAGs and maniacs though, i think this guy fits into the latter. Some 40/20- 50/25 (LAG) types try to read hands and can tell when they're beat. I think it's close b/c the board is paired and his bet-call, b-3-b is suspicious, but don't give them too much credit

As an aside, my favorite hand of the past month went something like this: maniac opens in sb w/ AKo, i call in bb w/ 44. We cap each street after i flop a set and he stays unimproved.