Thread: A22 hand
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: A22 hand

Interstingly, as a Pot Limit hand, I am very pessimistic and not willing to put much money into it and watch it spiral out of my control. Mathmatically the analysis that the case Ace may be one of the cards NOT held I think fails to take into account the fact that if the Ace was one of the 36 other cards dealt to one of your opponents, chances are it is still in play. Which means that in reality you are probably a little better than 65% likely to win the hi. BUT, if there is a low, you are certain to lose it. And the chances of a low coming are about 64 percent.

AGAINST ANY HAND WITH AN ACE and two low cards you are a 60-40 DOG!!! Not only are you going to lose on percentage basis with this hand, as soon as the turn comes, you are going to have no idea whatsoever where you stand in the hand, and the betting has a good chance of being Stacked.

Therefore, in PL, I check this hand and the ONLY cards I even consider calling on the turn are high cards.

Plug in some other Ace hands in two dimes and see how bad off you really are.

---- but I am thinking about this in Pot Limit terms which makes it much worse of a hand. I suppose in limit you probably do bet it and hope your hi holds up, and a couple lows come along for the ride.