View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: 88 Live at the Bike. 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
My thought would be that maybe the SB doesnt put so much action in if you don't make the pot big preflop. Once the pot becomes big preflop the SB is going to try to do everything possible to take the pot down.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has to bloat the pot preflop because he has to three-bet with 88. i see nothing wrong with preflop, and the SB coming along can be seen as nothing but good too, if CSC has a strong read he's trailing with a dusty five. in fact SB's actions can even be used to clarify where UTG is at...

[ QUOTE ]

IE-- if an A or heart comes we can comfortably fold. However, once we call the turn are we obligated to call the river w/n reason?? I'm not advocating calling 2 cold say on the river, but if we commit on the turn... does that commit us to calling on the end??

[/ QUOTE ]

of course being last to act on the river is part of the turn call. if you get a bet and a call back to you regardless of river card, it sounds like CSC can make a tough fold. if it's a blank and there's a bet and a fold, easy call. many variations to the river action, but lots of clear decisions. and you get there for one bet, so i don't see why you'd mess with a good thing by raising or folding.