View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Ed Miller: GSIH question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the VPIP of the GSIH preflop strategy? I've switched to playing with it instead of the SSHE strategy because I feel that it makes my decisions easier pre and post flop. I also like it because it actually seems to be a little more agressive with raising, and I'm not spewing as many chips on speculative hands (Axs for example).

I think that I'm going to stick with the GSIH preflop strategy until my post flop play improves a little more then move back to the SSHE strategy.

Just curious to see what kind of VPIP numbers I should be expecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. The GSIH charts were designed to be a notch tighter than the SSH tight game chart. I'd guess the SSH tight game chart comes in around 18-20% VPIP, so GSIH might be maybe 16-18%. That's just a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed,

On a very small sample size Ive been getting about 17%. Ill check in again after 10K hands. I just wanted to say that I fee that I read several times and understood SSHE. However I feel that the starting hands chart is inferior to GSIH for the newer player. Since switching to this chart I have had dramatically better results. (I know that it might just be variance but we will see) I feel that I have been involved in less close call situations and as a result my play has become much more agressive post flop. Eventually I may "Graduate" back to the SSHE charts but for now Im sticking with the ones in GSIH. I really feel that it was the missing key in my game.

Thanks for the great books,
Greg