View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Do Online Players Going B&M Have a Lot of Tells?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does anybody ever make any conscious effort when playing online to not show tells as a sort of practice for playing B&M

[/ QUOTE ]My guidelines for playing online
- Only use auto-function to fold. B&M, I always hold my cards until it's my turn to act, then I fold.
- Try to take the same amount of time to act. do the same thing B&M.
- Never type responses while in a hand. B&M, I don't say a word when someone's fishing for a tell.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Scott,

I was thinking more along the lines of showing emotion when playing on-line such as exclaiming something out loud or drooping your head and shoulders or openly smiling etc.

Online those things don't matter, and it would seem like it's taking some of the fun out of playing if you tried to surpress your emotions while sitting in front of a computer. But I wondered if these kinds of habits can get ingrained to some degree and backfire on you when you go to a B&M? It doesn't sound like an issue for a beginner at the mini-stake tables.

I wonder if the guys who play for mid and high stakes though, make a disciplined effort to play online with their poker faces, so they don't inadvertantly let something slip when playing live because of bad habits that didn't matter when online.