View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Thoughts and Results

Preflop: I think is standard with big stacks.

Flop: I think it is the perfect board to CR. I don't really care about free cards as any hand that is drawing against me will almost definitely bet the flop. His small flop bet seemed a little strange, either nothing or a monster. I decided to CR the pot hoping it is the monster and if he has just an AK or something, I am probably not getting much action given this board even if he does imrpove on the turn.

Turn is a complete blank. I decide to bet slightly less than the pot. If he is on a flush draw, I obviously want him to pay the max. IT also looks like a protecting bet, and it might get an overpair to come over the top. He just flat calls. I think his hand range here shrinks. I don't think he can have a set as I would expect a set to raise given the draw nature of this board. I think he either has JJ+ or AdJd+.

River - very ugly card. Here is my thinking in the 20 seconds I get. I can't fold this hand, even to a push if I check, so I might as well push and hope I can get an overpair or strangely played set to call. The more I think about it though, I think a check fold MIGHT be right. Is he really going to bet any worse hand here? That is a really scary board and he is most likely checking behind with any worse hand and only betting the flush. Now if he had QQ which is the least likely since I have a Q, I would be losing half the pot.

Alternatives: One player I asked like a turn HUGE overbet as you will most likely get action from an overpair or set as it looks like you are overbetting flush draw or pair plus draw hand. It also prevents this uncomfortable river situation as a side note.

Another liked a check call as he thought worse hands are probably not calling the river, but worse hands might bluff (or value bet given my river check weakness) the river (AdAx). Also, he thought he might bet less than all-in even with a flush to not scare you which would allow you to keep some chips.

RESULTS: I pushed because again, I am weak and cant find a fold there and thought it was better to bet than call the river. HE called and had AdQd and MHWNG.