View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: AA line I\'ve never taken before...

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't disagree more with this sentiment. Just shoving chips in there is bad poker, we make money by proceeding with calculated decisions which utilize the highest ev possible. Sure our decisions may be wrong occassionally but the majority of the time they are right, and this is one of those cases. Sure he COULD have 23o...
Hell most of the time people raise they COULD have 27o, so next time I see a raise im going to push with 73o because im a huge favorite.

Seriously, this is one of the times you take the hit and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i often make bold statements on this forum and then somebody picks apart everything i said and basically puts me in my place....This is NOT one of those times.....Check folding this flop IS horrible. And this is one of the worst counter arguments i have seen.

If we think villian only calls a preflop reraise with only AA, KK and QQ we should reraise him EVERY time.....He's raising 7.83% of his hands (many more than just AA-QQ)....We'll pick up so many pots right? WRONG!!!! The reason we don't do this is because people DO call reraises with other hands. And since we hold 2 aces and theres a king and a queen on the flop, hands like 10-10 and J-J become MUCH more likely. Sets aren't that easy to flop.

And as a general poker rule, it's good to have the initiative. If i had reraised preflop with JJ i would definitely bet the flop (even though i was very likely beaten). Betting out with AA is an absolute no brainer. Garland said this is the first time he's ever done something like this. He'd be well off if he made it his last