View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: pbdrunks on pstars is a clown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he wins yes. The biggest(I have several) problem with this move as I see it is the raise. I know he had a read on the bb blah blah blah. The problem is he had no reasonable knowledge of the bb's hand. IMO not only does the isolation move negate any odds he had to make the call but provides him with some pretty darn oppressive reverse implied odds IMO. I think that had he not posted the results of this hand, people would be thinking a lot differently about this move.

What happens when you make this move, the bb cold calls you w/AA and the flop comes down AQ5? BB has you covered and when you raise him with a horrible hands the reverse implied odds are exactly the size of your stack every single time IMO. In this case it worked so everyone says it's a great move, but I've seen people make similar moves that have blown up in their faces and when they posted them on this very forum with the opposite results we see here they get railroaded (for good reason IMO)

[/ QUOTE ]

If all goes well for you, in two or three months you’ll look back on this post and say “I can’t believe I wrote that.”

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope so. I truly would like to understand this play as it's one I see often but I don't get it. It seems a little too craps or roulette to me. And yes, I used an extreme example and not exactly one that I'm afraid of. I guess my point is just because he can push ATC shouldn't lead one to believe that you should call ATC with someone to act behind you and even more so shouldn't lead one to reraise ATC. Believe me if I'm the shorty in this spot I'm certainly pushing far worse hands I guess I'm just not at a level of play yet where I can comfortably come over the top of someone whose already all in with Q5o. Someday I sure hope to be.