View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Blade Article Question

Great article Mark. I'm definitely in favor of most of these temporary fixes for difficult situations, except for the third one. You say in: "Your Table Image Is Shot"

"There is one upside to your table image as a loser. When you do bet or raise with winning hands, you will get a few more calls than normal. But this pales in comparison to all the other downsides."

Frankly, isn't this going to quickly make up for any downsides? You say that bad opponents will start to play "perfect poker" against you, but ALSO call you down and reraise you with semibluffs because they expect you to lose, yes? If you can percieve that your T.I. has changed, and you make the adjustment, won't the larger payoffs on premium hands help recoup any bluff equity you've lost? The passive players will be re-raising with toppair now, but when you hit a set or something they'll be capping it with you since "You never win". Frankly at the middle (OK, LOW) limit games I play you're not getting anyone to lay down anyhow, but, maybe you were addressing higher or NL games...

Anyway, perhaps I've missed something...thanks for some great insights...