View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Official HU Tourney Thread - Planning/RSVP/ideas

Ok, Chuddo was definitely on to something, and seems like one of the only ones that actually cares enough to inquire and get this thing setup:

[ QUOTE ]
if a good solution dealing directly with a card room can not be reached, i submit:

-we use someone as an escrow.

-we play at whatever the lowest hu NL stakes available. (provided the blinds are in correct place).

doing these two things will alleviate some of the issues that will suck if we can't get a cardroom to hook us up.

-the rake will not chunk out any significant amount of money

-players will not have to worry about moving any real money over to any sites. the amount of chips they need can simply be transferred over.

someone will have to be in charge of all this to get it going and having it run smoothly.

i offer my own services to run the thing, and have some ideas regarding the structure of the tourney and payouts etc.

if there is enough interest and support, i can draw things out and get started on setting it all up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if you are interested in playing, RSVP in this thread so he can get a list together. I only know of HU play on Prima, but CreedofHubris seemed to think we could hook something up with pokerroom. He should be contacted. I also agree that random numbers should be given to everyone and then we can just set up a bracket. I also like Yeti's idea of money distribution. Obviously it depends how many people we get for this, but this has a lot of potential.

Start RSVPing in this thread and I'll get a tentative list together of players. We'll also have to poll times that are convenient for everyone. I'm in.