View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: too superstitious

My roommate in college could not deal with odd numbers at all. He would always go for 2 points conversions and wouldn't kick a field goal. He had to change the clock if he saw that it was 5:01. He had to always set the alarm to 8:02 or 8:32 because he was suspicious that 0 might actually be an odd number. He would count his steps to any destination he walked and the final step always had to be even. If he was on stairs he would continue to go up after reaching our floor if somehow he reached our floor on an odd number. Most of the time he was on the ball and could double step to make his step count even. When we took an elevator to the 7th floor, he would go up to eight and walk down a flight.

There are a million more that don't even relate to odd numbers. He had an unbelievable OCD labyrinth weaved through his daily life. The funny part was I didn't find out about it until second semester and I was the only person who ever found out about it. He was stealthy in hiding it like an alcoholic is with hiding booze. I was simultaneously amazed at the mental feat he performed everyday and sad for him at the same time.