View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Best Question I\'ve Ever Been Asked in a B&M

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, why no 3-bet on the flop? (Or were you caught unawares by his LAGginess?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually did 3bet the flop and he capped; accidentally wrote it down wrong.

About folding the turn: My experience is that the pattern of c/r'ing, and then illogically c/r-ing again is either a monster or something completely ridiculous. Normal B&M players are passive enough that it's usually "monster", but he had the backwards baseball cap WPT-wannabe vibe which often translates into "stupidly aggressive" (and if that is the case I want to find out ASAP as it's early in the session; see hands below). Absent the "read" I can see the argument for folding the turn or even treating it as a WA/WB situation from the flop on.

As a bonus, some other hands against the same kid later that night:

Hero has AA, raise from EP, get called by Villain on the button. Flop 45T, capped on flop and turn (K), river 7, hero bets/calls, Villain has 68s which did not flop a flush draw.

Hero has KJs, Villain cold-calls on button, flop and turn get capped on 853T board, hero bets 3 river. Villain makes a big show of folding. Hero shows his monster king-high for tilt equity.

Hero has AKo, raises and gets four cold-callers, Villain reraises from SB, hero insta-caps, and gets called by everyone. Flop AT3, hero bets, everyone calls. Turn 8, hero bets, called to Villain who c/r's, hero 3bets, everyone folds to Villain who caps, hero calls. River blank, Villain checks and calls with 55.

Some normally-passive lady bluffs Villain off the river when playing the board with 75o and shows it, exclaiming with a smile "That's the first time I've ever bluffed!" He later caps her on the river with TP no kicker on a KJQTx board, she has the A. In retrospect, I think it's this kind of "localized tilt" that had him playing so aggressively against me in the other hands. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] B&M's.