View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: unimportant ethics/rules question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cards are dealt and I'm spacing out as usual. I look down to see I have two cards as the dealer finishes dealing, so I see what I have. Q-something... red... suited... whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By spacing out, I must have faked out everyone at the table, including the dealer, into thinking I was on the BB because I'm usually sharper on the action than most people at this particular table

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm - are you sure?

[/ QUOTE ]
There were two players at this table who had to be directed by the dealer to act every single time it was their action, one of whom was my boss's boss we'd run into there. It was pretty bad, especially with the deceptive European. At the table of gigantic idiots, the slightly-less-gigantic idiot is king... probably.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we see a flop without me ever putting anything in the pot

[/ QUOTE ]
Unethical, plain and simple.

[/ QUOTE ]
The flop was out before I'd figured out exactly what had happened. I've got better things to do with my life than shoot angles at the Gold Coast's 2/4 tables.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have said something as soon as the BB checked and I realized something odd had happened, or do people think it's fine to just let it go "no harm, no foul" since I'm folding 95% on the flop without a thought?

[/ QUOTE ]
Say "It's my action" or something at least. To do otherwise is douche-like IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was way too late to correct the preflop action by the time I noticed. I'd really like to know what people think I should say after the flop comes and there's two checks to me, confirming I am in fact UTG with Q4s and not BB. The floor had just been over there ten minutes ago and I really didn't want them over again for something that almost all of the time isn't going to matter.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if the flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I'm probably check-folding the flop in turn anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please.... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh... it's not like I play 2/4 for the money, plus I'd rather be right than win any day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]