View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Party Keystroke Logging ?

Well, I got my answer. Strangely, (in my experience anyway) it came by phone. They'd even gone to the trouble of looking up my account details, I hadn't included them in the email. The personal touch is always nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Initially they wanted to know at what point ZoneAlarm detected the keyboard and mouse hook, and what happened when I clicked on accept or deny. I declined to answer, they can find this out for themselves.

The reason they hook into the keyboard and mouse is to help detect who's using illegal (on their site) software apparently.

Further into the conversation they added that it's also to help users who may not be able to click things or get keyboard strokes to work.

Later still, it was something about tables. I couldn't understand this bit but it was mentioned more than once.

Basically, every time I asked why they needed to record keyboard strokes that had no bearing at all on their application I got something a little bit different.

Still, they're going to put it in writing that Party are not downloading my keystrokes, and that they're not storing them anywhere.

That's alright then.