View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Missed a river bet?

[ QUOTE ]
Great flop for me and I lead into the preflop raiser for value. Protection is impossible with a pot this big and the nature of the board (only hands staying in will always stay for 2 bets). Betting out offers protection; a C/R won't work since the PFR is to my immediate left.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's such a great flop for you that I wouldn't C/R here to protect my hand. I C/R here to trap the callers in between you and the PFR for 2. With the way you played it you're lucky the PFR didn't raise and clean the feild, which he should have IMHO.
I'd 3 bet this turn against an unknown for sure. When he caps I go into call down mode. and yes if villan simply calls my turn 3 bet then I lead the river no doubt.
I think villan would play this way with AA, KK, AK, KQ, KJ, posibly KT. Even more likely played that way if his hands were sooted [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The only one that really worries you is KK = only 3 ways. If he played 22 like this then deffinately make a note on that.
All things considered I think you played the hand fine but I would have gone for a C/R to trap people on the flop.