View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: A humble question

i have a long winded reply that i will try to shorten.

-"super-aggressivity" is correct in some settings, sometimes overapplied or more readily applied than would be best, but the results clearly lean towards that style given certain restrictions. there are outliers from the restrictions.

- most high limit games are shorthanded. a predominant amount of aggressivity prevales at these limits and hands, and these limits and hands are the ones posted on this board, so it appears that this board backs these hand posts' actions in all similar settings- as could be interpreted selectively

- further, being more aggressive and playing more marginal hands puts you in more marginal situations, and those resulting in possible correct aggression are the ones posted.

- playing in higher limit games leads to more shorthanded pots. as above, shorthanded pots are the most aggressive.

and so on, sample selection bias and selective interpretation, from which we all suffer

NOTE: i just realized i wrote the above in the present tense using "are" instead of "most likely would be" or "most likely to be" or "more likely" or other probabalistic wording.

Barron