View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: 50/100 lost my opponent on the turn

Mike,
I do stuff like this too sometimes and it really bothers me when this happens. A few other lines you might consider taking. 1) Obviously you can just call the three bet and try to checkraise. If he checks behind, you're leading the river obviously. Assuming he will call this will get you an extra .5BB. If he doesn't than you lose .5BB, but honestly I don't see what he three bets with on the flop that he doesn't want to see a showdown with for just one BB. 2) You can call the three bet and then donk the turn. This line will get a wide arrary of reactions out of him. He will sometimes just fold, he will sometimes see that as a weak play and raise you, and he will sometimes call you down. 3) You could have led the flop hoping he raises and then try a check raise on the turn. This line may or may not have any merit to it.

I think I like #2 the best even though I hardly ever use it because it has a good chance of getting a wide variety of responses out of vilian. If he folds, then he probably didn't have much to begin with. He might call you down with a med PP or he might raise a med PP trying for a free showdown. Just my thoughts.

Scags