Thread: A5o in the BB
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 05:21 AM

Default A5o in the BB

UTG+1 has been all over the place, don't have a good read on him. SB has been a solid player. This particular hand SB wasn't playing very strong so I was putting him on a low pair or a high card hoping to catch something. My question is at the bottom...

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Is there anything I could have done differently given that I had a small kicker? I felt I made a great play on the turn bet causing the UTG+1 to fold. I wasn't feeling very confident with the A5o, but it held up.

Results in White:
<font color="white"> Seat 2: SB (small blind) showed [8h 9s] and lost with a pair of Eights
Seat 3: Hero (big blind) showed [Ah 5c] and won ($0.95) with a pair of Aces </font>