View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 05:36 AM

Default Too loose? Stud 8/b hand...

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

Not much to see here in terms of play comments. The only villain left is bad, bad, bad (his name has been mentioned a few times on this board, I'll say that much). I look forward to playing head up with him and outplaying him on every street possible.

Tendencies of villain: Overplays one pair down to the river, constantly chases in one direction, will give free cards if raised on a previous street. Very over-aggressive player with no regard to playing for 3/4 to full pots, but gets scared when raised by some players in the game. I am one of those players, and he's admitted it in chat.

4th Street - (1.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls

I catch the 6c, a relatively unhelpful card, but when he bets, I'm sure he's betting a pair at best. No way does he have a three-low club draw, because he would have checked (villain is weak, only bets what he feels are "made" hands). I can safely put him on a pair of sevens or maybe buried nines - anything higher and he'd raise on third street. I play back at him like I don't care or to give the impression I slowplayed buried aces, and raise. He comes over the top, and now I'm worried about villain having a real hand. I call and hope to improve on fifth in a big way (low heart).

5th Street - (3.75 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Ding! He checks (?), and I sense a lot of weakness, so I go ahead and bet my 67 and heart draw, plus what I am sure are buried overcards (the ace at least). He calls, unsurprisingly, and now I know he hasn't improved to better than one pair.

6th Street - (5.75 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

I pick up more outs to win high, and could be ahead. This is a must bet with a huge draw in both directions and a pair, since villain caught bad. I plan on betting the river with anything here (villain folds on seventh street with one pair consistantly).

River - (7.75 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

That's certainly a nice card to catch. He pays me off.

Total pot: 9.75 BB

Results:
Main Pot: $94.50 | Rake: $3

Seat 1: [ Qh Qd 7c Kc Js 5d 5c ] [ two pairs, queens and fives -- Kc,Qh,Qd,5d,5c ]

Hero: [ Ah Jh 2h 6c 7h Jd Kh ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ah,Kh,Jh,7h,2h ]

He called because he caught the five. Poetry in motion. I couldn't believe he had a pair as big as queens.

Many people will say that my play on fourth street is too loose and wild, however, I must defend it because of the person I was up against. I have outplayed villain 90% of the time, and he is widely regarded as the worst Stud 8/b player on Party. In my notes, he is approximately 84% to fourth street, and he completes (get this) 100% of his ace door cards. This is over a not-so-insignificant sample, mind you (maybe 7-10k hands or so).

Your thoughts?