View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Betting strategy for this somewhat marginal holding

[ QUOTE ]

So where are you guys drawing the line from EP/MP? Am I limping KQs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fellow limit-to-NL tourney guy, so I understand where you are coming from.

I don't mind the raise of KQo, but I do think it was a little bit too big; as one of the other posters mentioned, a hand like this you definitely want to get to the flop as cheaply as possible. If you decide you want to play this -- and a fold PF is not a bad play -- I would only go up 2-3xBB, $35 is probably plenty.

That said, I think your first real mistake in the hand is calling the reraise. Yes, it's only 50 into a pot of 275 and those are really nice odds, but you are in poor position, have a strong re-raise behind you not to mention a BB who called a raise/reraise. You've got to think here that both of these guys have you beat -- high pairs or AK/AQ.

The best bet after the flop, once you're in, is probably a probe bet -- something about 1/4 to 1/3 of the pot. If you get action on it, you're folding. Over-betting the pot with a marginal holding is what really got you in trouble here.

Glad to hear you finished ITM after all, though. What did the MP re-raiser show?