View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: 37 hand heads up match

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

27) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

He shows 66 MHING. I figured I was still in control and getting him to fold tons of pots, so it was worth it to take a shot here. Maybe it's time to start thinking about a gear change again. At this point I make sure to pay a lot of attention to how he seems to be reacting and make sure I have a good feel for when he starts taking shots at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You try again to outplay him on a pretty coordinated board. Again, I would wait until there is less of a chance he has something that will allow him to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's coordinated but I have a piece of that coordination. I also don't think he's that likely to have something, unless you mean ace high. I think this is a good board to get someone to fold high cards or a small pair.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

30) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn. Or is this some part of your changing gears plan? He is being agressive, and you are going to let him bet the turn, and then what do you do on the river UI? Call down again?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to check call the turn and check call the river if I didn't improve. I think most of the hands I'm beating will bet the turn if they call the flop. Some of the hands that have me beat will check through.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
32) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 1.50 BB

I want to set up a limp reraise later with a big hand and I figure there's a chance I can see a flop for $5 then steal or maybe make a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this plan, but I would do it with a hand that I could call his raise with. Maybe 98o? 64s? What kind of hand were you planning on LRR later?

[/ QUOTE ]
The whole idea is to limp a hand I plan to fold to a raise. Limping and calling doesn't set up a limp reraise really, because he's not that encouraged to raise my open limp. After this hand though, he probably thinks I'll fold way more often than I actually will after I limp.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

33) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

He shows As9s MHIG. This one just could not have come at a better time. Every time it seems like he's getting something going I get lucky and pull out a momentum stopping hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraise preflop and take control with position. You were planning on raising the turn, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I was planning on raising the turn. Sometimes I 3 bet preflop. There had been a few hands lately where it felt like he wasn't going to let me run him over as easily and I think caling is better in those scenarios because I can use my position better.