View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: 37 hand heads up match

I suck at HU, but here is my attempt

[ QUOTE ]

10) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
BB calls, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 1.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise preflop sometimes here. Especially since you have been dominating earlier, you might scare him out once the flop hits.

[ QUOTE ]

15) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

He shows T7o MHING. Ugh, I didn't feel good about this one. I think I got a little to anxious to catch him playing back at me and I may have ruined my image. Probably time to start thinking about changing gears since he may view me differently now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetly fold the turn. Not only from an EV standpoint, but then he will respect you later when you continue your agression. Given that you didn't definetly time to change gears.

[ QUOTE ]
18)Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

I alternate 3 betting and callling preflop. When I call I raise pretty much any flop. On the turn I thought for a while before I called. I wasn't sure what I was going to do if I didn't improve on the river. I think this was a big hand since he likely had nothing, I feel like I'm back in the driver's seat now and I can probably hold off on the gear changes for a little while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time calling UI on the river. I think he almost certainly has you beat the way he has been playing so far. He could be changing gears himself though.

[ QUOTE ]

27) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

He shows 66 MHING. I figured I was still in control and getting him to fold tons of pots, so it was worth it to take a shot here. Maybe it's time to start thinking about a gear change again. At this point I make sure to pay a lot of attention to how he seems to be reacting and make sure I have a good feel for when he starts taking shots at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You try again to outplay him on a pretty coordinated board. Again, I would wait until there is less of a chance he has something that will allow him to continue.

[ QUOTE ]

30) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn. Or is this some part of your changing gears plan? He is being agressive, and you are going to let him bet the turn, and then what do you do on the river UI? Call down again?

[ QUOTE ]
32) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $15.
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 1.50 BB

I want to set up a limp reraise later with a big hand and I figure there's a chance I can see a flop for $5 then steal or maybe make a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this plan, but I would do it with a hand that I could call his raise with. Maybe 98o? 64s? What kind of hand were you planning on LRR later?

[ QUOTE ]

33) Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

He shows As9s MHIG. This one just could not have come at a better time. Every time it seems like he's getting something going I get lucky and pull out a momentum stopping hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraise preflop and take control with position. You were planning on raising the turn, right?

Overall I think you played pretty well. I need to start playing more HU myself.

Spicymoose