View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: NHL - Tuesday 12/20/05

I agree with the CCx.. was going to mention his postings but he beat me to it while I was working out a formula..

anyways, I think playing this many games all at -1.5 is just a bad idea, dont be fooled by all those nice fat +1xx numbers..

A lot of nights when playing either NHL or MLB, I'll find two dogs that I like playing the ML on, and play them both.. kind of casting a 2 game net, knowing if I split my two games then I still won on the night. Im pretty sure even just this habit is -EV, but its what I like to do. Gives me more action, and more winning nights, granted there are nights that both lose and I lose twice.

Also, I still hold the fact in hockey, similiar to baseball, that if you dont like the ML price, then chances are the puckline or runline isnt that much better. Sure there are times when this may not be the case, but I think CCx's running experiment kind of portrays this concept.

Will look at tonights games in a bit, finishing up some christmas shopping! GL and happy holidays [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]