View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Three-bet the turn with one pair?

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise the river, do you call his raise? What flavors of rivers don't you raise? Do you raise a diamond?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he 3 bets the river, I probably fold. It's opponent dependent, but the number of times I am good here, is just too small. If he 3 bets the river, I would guess anything short of QJ would be no good. The size of the pot just wouldn't justify a call, IMO, against anyone who is not a total goof.

Since he defends with any 2 and is a lag, I don't try to get too specific with a read. I probably raise any river, althought that again is player specific to how safely I can fold to a 3 bet from this guy. Cart says he's not a maniac, so if we're raising a Q or diamond on the river and then being 3 bet, it's probably safe to say we're toast.

[ QUOTE ]
If the guy is good enough to fold a queen on the river after a turn 3-bet, then this has more merit, but I would guess that he's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not following how that matters, we get 4 bets either way if he calls down with top pair. What does matter is that if he has Ad2d, and catches a duece on the river, he'll bet and probably call a river raise, whereas if we 3 bet the turn, I think he can check fold that river. Not saying he will, but just throwing it out there.

Somehow I feel like I didn't do a good job of explaining myself or answering your question, but hopefully it made sense.

Nigel