View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Another Friedman bomb

"If I saw pictures of Muslims hunting down terrorists; if I saw members of terrorists being dragged into the town square and beaten to death by Muslim's outraged by thier actions, then I would propose an immediate re-orientation of American foriegn policy.

However, passively condemning something is as good as doing it. Islamic terrorism would not exist if people in the Muslim world each went out of thier way to stop it. Osama Bin Laden could not operate if 90% of Muslims were actively attempting to shut it down his organization."
Bingo!!!!

Friedman is correct in that no ***MAJOR*** muslim cleric has renounced terrorism. The fact is the Wahabist, thanks to Saudi money, control the Sunni muslim world. The Wahabi religious leaders approve of the use of terror. They preach violence and they practice what they preach. Many years ago when Saudi Arabia was just a collection of independent tribes and a miltary alliance was struck between the Sauds and the Wahabis. As part of the alliance the Wahabis were promised complete control over religion. The leader of the Wahabis was alarmed at the tendency of muslims to resort to polytheism and he wanted to stamp out this practice. Their alliance conquered all the other tribes and modern Saudi Arabia was born. The decendents of the Wahabi tribe still control Islam and they have become even more violent.