View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: This is a very important post for me...

I haven't read the rest of the posts, but I say DO IT! College will always be there, no need to hurry to get out.

Let me tell you my story (not poker).

I joined the Army National Guard when I was 17. I started college in the spring (a semester behind). Then in 2003, I was activated and sent to Kosovo. I missed 3 semesters. Just recently, this past May, my high school graduating class started graduating from college. I still have 2 years to go.

This Fall 05, I started, and 3 days into the semester, I got activated and sent to Louisiana after the Hurricanes. I had to withdraw from the semester. Now I'm 4 semesters behind.

My biggest dream in my life was always to become a police officer. It's just been one of those things that I have had the biggest passion for. Being down in Louisiana, seeing all of the police and the lights and all of that, it made me realize that I want to make my dream come true.

I applied to take a municipal police officer training course (Act 120), and got accepted. Now I am taking the spring semester off of school, and getting further behind. (5 semesters). At first I was going to wait, but now I feel that I have to do it and college can wait. I'm in no hurry.

I'm the same way you are, I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of college although, I WILL GET MY DEGREE, eventually. I'm not going to drop out.

So my advice, DO IT, don't regret it. College will be there.