View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Interesting two pair hand.

I played this hand actually. I must agree with you guys that my call from big blind pre flop was probably a mistake, since there was a significant risk to be dominated with A4 against the raiser and I was drawing to three outs. However, I am certain that my play was correct after the flop. I immediately put the pf raiser on AK/AQ/AJ or a big pair. Action on the flop after my check was: check-check-(continuation) bet and there was a flush draw on board so I had to raise, calling was out of the question, since someone could have been drawing to flush and I had to charge them 2 bets. Against AK/AQ/AJ I knew I was ahead and if the raiser had had a big pair he would have re-raised and I could have folded. Turn was J and he didn't re-raise so I knew he had either AK/AQ and I re-raised for value with the best hand, easy re-raise since I thrusted my read. He couldn't have been playing AT so passively.

Check-raise is of course quite aggressive play with BPTK but I like that play if I suspect I am against unimproved overcards and I am ready to fold later if it seems that I am wrong.