View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 03:12 PM

Default How to get worked...a guide aka \"Have you ever seen this play at 2/4\"

2/4 Party Poker 10 handed

The turn action may be entirely too "creative" (at the cost of value); river is awful (I brought this upon myself)...

UTG+2 is laggy (he capped the turn against me HU with a bad top pair a few hands before, he is capable of bluff CR'ing and bets out the river on air regularly)

MP2 - I have no idea what he's doing, no reads, no stats. He seems to be mostly passive and has not done anything worthy of notice.

Hero is CO with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 4 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , 3 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls

Flop: (7.5 SB) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)

UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font> , UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks (!!??)

I thought that I was in a "way ahead/way behind" situation. UTG+2 is capable of CR'ing on a bluff here; I really don't want to fold to a CR. Also, the same player will certainly bet the river without a club and MP2 will call with a smaller flush than mine. Is this too cute?

The other option was to bet the turn: if you just get called then you are betting the river; if UTG+2 CR's (MP2 would fold), I'd call the turn and either call a river bet or bet when checked to).

River: (5.25 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+2 bets (yeay!!), MP2 raises (doh!), Hero ??

I'll post results in a few minutes but I think you know where this is heading.

Thanks for all the criticism in advance,

Tash