View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Trip Report??

It was cool.....

The show started with K'naan (sp?). Did not listen to much of this as I was outside the venue. Jean Grae was next and did not do much to impress me. For some reason Ghostface did show up for the show (not sure if he is only playing some dates or if I just got screwed).

After Jean Grae was on Talib came out and did pretty much the same set I saw him perform just a few weeks earlier. He did change it up by doing a song with Jean Grae, but she forgot the lyrics and just started to freestyle. Talib got a laugh out of it.

After a few more songs Mos Def crept out on stage with Talib and performed a few songs. He would do some solo stuff sprinkled with some Black Star stuff.

With Mos on stage the show was very loose, he stoppped a few songs after they had started only to start them up again a few seconds later. He said he does not like doing live shows and that he does pretty much whatever he wants at shows. He joked and said something about already having our money so he would perform whatever he wanted.

After awhile of Mos and Talib, Pharoah came on stage and did a few songs. Once Pharoah was done Mos went back to playing with a little Talib sprinkled in.

The show seemed to go on forever. Talib came on a little whle after 10pm and they were still going over two and half hours later.

If you are big fan of Mos Def and Talib then I would try and check out the show.