View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: $11 AK, missed 8 high flop... stop n go ok? (nice pot)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm not a big fan of raising AK out of the blinds in this situation. Higher blinds or if the OP had a stack of say 500 or below, I'd push pre-flop. But with low blinds and a good stack, I'd usually just check here and play from there. If I did raise, it would probably be a bit more in order to let them know that I'm serious.

But in this exact spot, I'm not going to commit my whole stack with a couple of high cards on a whiffed flop, especially after getting multiple pre-flop callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So in your example, assuming the same situation, but you raised more t150-200, whatever, you're check/folding the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against two callers, that's probably what I'd do. Maybe I'd even throw some stupid, weird mini-bet out there in order to try to get a free turn. (After all, this IS an 11.) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Alot of players freeze up against such behavior. This is what sucks about playing hands OOP. But the thing is, I don't want my stack getting severely hurt this hand if I miss. It just seems to me that with mulitple callers after that flop, your hand basically sucks.

You make money at the 11s by value betting, not by bluffing. So yes, I'd check /fold or maybe mini-bet and try for one 'free' card. Shut 'er down. For all these reasons (healthy stack, low blinds, OOP, disguised hand if you hit) I prefer checking pre-flop.