View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: OUR NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR VICTORY IN IRAQ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Bush relied on civilian politicians to plan the war based on false assumptions, like WMDs in Iraq and we'd be greeted as liberators etc. Having only 100,000 troops was a HUGE mistake that the generals pointed out before the war. That general was demoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refer you to the joint resolution passed in Congress where the majority of Democrates voted for this resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't seem to notice anything in that resolution for how a war was to be executed. Am I somehow missing the part where the Democrats voted for 100,000 soldiers on the ground?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joint Resolution

SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

(a) AUTHORIZATION. The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and

(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll cut the sarcastic remarks. How does this implicate the Democrats as responsible for the parts of the war that were poorly executed?