View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: I\'m weak - continuation + flush draw goes awry

I can see AK cold calling pre and sp'ing that flop till turn an even going for a value bet on river.

I can see a pocket pair disbelieving you and testing you on the turn but his river bet last seems to eliminate this(except for 99 and 33).

Is there any chance he can play KQ this tough? If so maybe he should move up some limits.

Sometimes you should fire a second barrel, sometimes not but you walked into a nut flush draw and that prompted you to do it-maybe it should've done the exact opposite(and check) like some have suggested, I don't know.

If your A outs are good then I guess you put him on pure bluff or jamming an under pair like TT or 66(or a strong K like KQs or KJs). If that is the case a 3bet semi bluff would knock him out here most of the time which is what you need oop if you miss the river as you wont bet and he can check behind to win.

Be sure to watch this villains button action in the future and make good notes on it-some will call w a very very wide range in that position.

Do you usually bet 2/3rds pot on turn first w tptk oop vs 1? If not, and if he's the type to notice, then the likelyhood you can jam him off goes way up imo.

3betting the turn is a disaster vs KQ and KJ of diamonds as he wont fold lest it's a push imo.

His river bet looks like a monster or an AK to me.