View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: a hand youll all probably hate

[ QUOTE ]
"U boost your equity up 13 percent if not more...so instead of 35 u are boosted to almost 50 percent to take this down (if TP did actually have u dominated)"

Uhhhh, no- but you edited for that. I don't know where you got 13% in the first place. Secondly your K8 is a non nut draw- both because its K high and because there is a pair on the board. You do not have 35% equity unless either your K or 8 outs are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

making a flush from flop to river is 1.9:1 which does indeed equal 35 percent equity. You could also use the rule of 4...which is 9*4=36 but its a little off as u can see. Flush = 35 percent equity on flop.

13 percent was accounting for 3 outs. which was just a general number, the actual number for a 3 out draw from flop to the river is 7:1 I think, so 12.5 percent.

[ QUOTE ]

"By just calling u decide to give up any chance of winning the pot outside of u hitting one of your outs"
c/r the turn is a perfectly viable option here for winning the pot outright, and as others have mentioned, a much scarier line after CC the flop.

I don't think the three bet is terrible- and not a bad way to mix up your play from time to time, but i think the optimal play on the flop is to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I am not arguing, as its true. As with all things poker though, everything is situational. Just like that Cardplayer quiz thread...ppl saying "who would ever bet this turn" is a really lame, general thing to say. Because honestly it depends, like here. What may be the situation in general does not always apply.

Also Im not sure how big I am on c/r the turn here. I dont really have problems with it, u usually have a good amount of outs and its a very-good/good/fair/decent move, but your CC on the flop may very well get this turn checked around, which is true that its no sad loss since u have a draw, it does take away your opportunity to take this pot from a better hand a percentage of the time. I dunno, Im going to bed, Im just typing words at this point.

--Dustin

EDIT: the first part was not meant to come out like a lecture, you are not a poster that needs that in anyway. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt taken wrong. And to be fair 1.9:1 is 34.49 percent, but whatever.