View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 09:59 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: I have decided what i think is the optimal line

[ QUOTE ]
I was dicussing this with Enon last night. Bet-call the turn. I will induce plenty of bluff-raises and ensure that money goes in. If he calls the turn, bet/call any river. If he raises the turn, check call the river to let him keep bluffing worse hands and lose less when he has me beat.

To all of you who want to c/r th turn. I don't like this idea because you give him the perogative to put in as many bets as he wants oon a board where it's fairy easy to assess my hand stregnth. He has shown strngth so far, and i really dont want 3 bets going in on the turn when i MUST showdown the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

as for the turn, your hand can be anything from AK to A3 to AA. it is not at all easy to assess your hand strength. also, as for inducing bluff raises, it is something that i try against very aggressive opponents, and sometimes they just fold. sometimes you get excess action, but sometimes you miss a bet you couldve gained from him betting the turn. either way, at least we agree more bets have to go in on the turn.

also, i dont see how donking the turn doesnt give him the choice of how many bets to put in while checkraising does. when it comes down to it, he has 6 outs almost regarldess of what he has, and if he wont bet the river with the worst hand, then you gain tremendously by making him fold those 6 outs that he doesnt know he has