View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Going from the strip to GVR

The Taj card is needed for tournaments only. It is optional for live play. Most of the people at the table will have one for comps and the poker rate on rooms. About the guy who is 38 and gets carded.. unless he is Elijah Wood he is full of [censored]. Out of all the rooms taj is the most lax though. still a small risk ( depending on how young you look) most likely people to ID you are the really nice old lady with one white glove at check in ( sometimes a kinda hot asian lady is there too) it's wrong but if you can skip by them and find a table with some open seats tip the dealer a little on your first hand and wait it out. People who just lost a pot to you can have make you show ID too so be careful to not piss them off. The dealers will leave you alone most of the time because they are all either from the hood or from Russia or asia and just trying to dodge authorities. Also, when I first went to AC I was attracted to the taj too, however unless you want to handle chips that have not been washed AT ALL EVER and be exposed to the bird flu. I would say take your chances at the Borgata get on the list because there will be a long one, get some food watch the hotttest girls you have ever seen deliver drinks and be in a classy place. Its a little slice of not being in Jersey. In jersey. good luck and get a fake ID.