View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: 25-50 commerce.....interesting decisions on all streets.

[ QUOTE ]

ok MP and button had stacks of ~11K
and after the flop action i had ~6400 left (i just realized that my original post was wrong in regards to my stack size after working the hand backwards).

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this doesn't change much because it means you started with about 7.5K instead of 7K.

[ QUOTE ]

after MP bets 2k and button calls the pot is ~9k so i'm getting over 4-1 on my money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm lost. Was just the initially cited stack size incorrect, or were the bet/raise amounts incorrect as well?

250 went in preflop. Then 3300 more went in on the flop. Then 2K was bet and called. 0.25K + 3.3K + 2K + 2K = ~7.5K. I'm not saying you were not getting odds (assuming you had 10 clean outs), just that I think there is only 7.5K in the pot, not 9K.

[ QUOTE ]

i actually put MP on 34 and button on a flush draw.
if either player had 78 the money was going in on the flop.
i figured i had odds to try and fill up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he play 34 like that? He overbet the pot on the flop and was called and then checkraised. So what cards does he like if he has 34? 2 of hearts? No. 7 of hearts? No. Any other 7? Well he can kind of like that. Or maybe he is already completely drawing dead. If he's lucky he is up against a set, will hit one of his 3 non-heart 2s on the turn, and the board will not pair on the river. The flop was double suited and a nut straight was already possible. Sounds like a strange way to play the ignorant end of a straight draw in a deep stacked no limit game.

[ QUOTE ]

i smooth called the 2K and the river was a black 5 giving me a boat and the effective nuts. because i think if anyone had 55 or 99 more money would have gone in on the flop, but who knows.

so now that i made my boat, whats my best chance to get paid?

[/ QUOTE ]

You will probably not get paid, but push is your best chance. If he's fishy enough to call the flop checkraise with 34 there, then maybe he'll call. Probably you won't get paid, but pushing is better than checking IMO.

Edited to add: Assuming he did play the 34 like a fish, would he then underbet the pot when one of his 3 good cards hits?