View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Foxwoods Poker Trip? Help!

Hello friends.

I have been planning a 4-day trip to Boston for quite sometime, and I'm going to be there from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon next weekend (Aug. 11-14). The highlight of my trip is going to be a trip to Fenway Park on Friday night to see the Sox vs. Sox game, but ...

I would very much like to play in the Friday morning, 8 a.m. No-Limit Hold'em tournament at Foxwoods. However, I have a couple of problems:

1) My friend that I'm visiting doesn't have a car, so if I want to go, I'm going to probably need to rent a car or catch a ride from a fellow 2+2er.
2) Our tickets for Fenway are for Friday night's game which, I believe, starts at 6 or 7.

So, my questions to the friends of this forum are two-fold:

1) Is anyone from the greater Boston area planning on playing in Friday morning's $35+15 tournament, and if you are, may I ride to and from the tournament with you. If I can ride, I'd be happy to pay for half of your gas and either buy you breakfast and/or lunch.
2) If I play in the 8 a.m. tournament, will it be possible to make it back to Boston by about 4 p.m. Like I said, I'd love to play, but my buddy bought our tix for Fenway a while back, and I can't miss the game.

If anyone here can help me out and/or give some info on when the Foxwoods tournament would end, I'd appreciate it.

Either respond here, or PM me and maybe we can work something out.

I figure since I'm going to be so close to Foxwoods, I can't afford NOT to play ... but I need a little help.

Thanks in advance,

yoadrians