View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Do you believe the shuffle is really random online???

I heard from my buddy that plays at Party Poker, that the random number generator is actually using live animals as a variable in the algorithm. The initial Beta 1 version was using the electrical impulses of earth worms, but that proved to be to slow. Then they went on to RC1 and 2 which used the wagging of Dachshunds tails. The Dachshunds were stabilized, similar to that of a calf developed for Veal, then constantly fed Beggin’ Strips. One of the interns was German and found this to be too cruel and refused to clean the stabilizers. Currently in the public release version 3.043, code named “hamsters in wheels”, Party Poker is finally happy with the RNG. They host a 3,000 square foot room, with 36 sets of 52 hamsters. The computers can send a signal to one set of 52 hamsters to detect what degree the wheel is at and in turn convert this into the cards you are dealt.
Regarding the other posts about getting the same hand over and over… Well I hear that this is when they are changing a couple of the hamsters out. Poor little guys….