View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Strange NL dealer error with stacks- what should floor do here?

[ QUOTE ]
He then grabs a randomly-sized stack of his own chips and pushes them in the middle of the table.

Tell your friend to put all his chips in next time. It's this kind of BS move that causes many of the misunderstandings at the table.

Put it this way, he is against a different opponent. That player claims he is only calling what was put in the pot (he has the losing hand in this version), since he did not hear your friend say "all in" (which is heard by everyone on your side of the table), but not by the dealer or the other player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken -- but the two of us are experienced players who have been in this cardroom many times and are very capable of following the action at the table. His mistake, while certainly an ambiguous move on his part, is very far from the worst thing I've seen at a live NL game.

Dealers are responsible for maintaining order when a new player makes a string bet, counts out his stacks incorrectly, acts out of turn, raises less than the minimum, shoots an angle, etc etc etc.

My biggest problem with the dealer's error, as I said before, was the fact that he was so adamant in pleading his innocence.

My second biggest problem was the fact that even if he thought my friend had put out a precise bet amount, I had already pushed my entire stack into the center of the table and begun counting it... and the dealer literally pushed my opponent's chips into my hands while I was doing this. Clearly, if he had been paying proper attention, he would have noticed that something didn't jive with his interpretation of the action... and at least asked what I was doing pushing my whole stack in the center to count it.

Even if the mistake was as much my friend's as it was the dealer's, I'm curious what the floor would have done here.. any input?