View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Played internet poker for the first time today!

I consider myself to be a decent poker player in live games, so today I decided to try my luck on internet poker, PartyPoker.com specifically. I bought in the minimum of $50 dollars and started off with some single table $10 Sit N' Go tournaments.

During the first tournament I played two pots the entire time. I got absolute rags and only won a single pot, the first one which put me at a comfortable 1100, 300 above starting chips. This was enough to sit through the rags and slide into third place.

During the second tournament I still got rags but decided to play more aggressive and began to take a lot of pots with shear bluffs. Besides a few lucky turns or rivers, and a few decent hands I got rags that entire tournament and managed to take first. I was very happy.

During the third tournament I got rags again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and was only able to obtain fourth place, no payout.

At this point I have played for about 2 and 1/2 hours and my bankroll is at $98. I ventured into cash games which was a mistake. Within another 4 hours of play between the Limit .5/1 games and NL .15(?)/.25 I lost my entire bankroll. I rarely got a decent hand, and when I did it seemed like people were hanging on with small things even when I Was betting 3x the BB, and then hit big [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] .

My impressions so far is that online poker is very fun, but something that I have a LOT to learn about. As I stated earlier I consider myself to be a decent live game player, I play 2 to 3 times a week for about 4 hours at a time with friends and almost always profit.

I plan on coming back to online poker but I am going to do what I usually do when I have a bad night, bad run of cards, take a couple days off. During these days I am hoping to read a ton of material on online play, so I come here, please give me advice for online play and point me in the direction of some good articles! Also, what do I need to do to get some decent cards! Literally first tournament 2 pots played, lost the 2nd one which knocked me out of the tourney! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]