View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Playing AK from Early Position

[ QUOTE ]
This question has nothing to do with the limits I am playing at these days or my results on the table. I always raise and I am burying my opponents. So I must be playing the hands well.

I am thinking that my strategy may not be optimal against better opponents that usually only call my UTG raise with premium pairs etc... because it gets me heads up when I am behind way too often. The limp would get me into multi way pot with just as much money in the hand. I would often have those guys dominated but they wouldn't know it because I limped. So they pay me off all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got to be very read dependent, but even then I'm not even sure that it's a good idea to limp with premium hands. You are taking a chance on letting the BB in on an unraised pot. I've taken down some pretty nice pots with rags from the BB when premium hands like AK and AQ just limped preflop. I'm always very thankful that they let me see the flop. Yes this is against weak opponents, but its pretty hard to put someone on a hand when you let them see the flop for "free". And if you're playing against better opponents who know how to play post flop, I think you've set yourself up for real trouble.