View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Playing Poker instead of being a Freshman

Hi egocide, i'm coming to this thread a little late. I want to echo what the other posters have said. In college i wasted a lot of opportunities because i was too busy playing computer games to get out and do stuff. (Now it's poker for me, but there's really little difference at the limits you're playing at.) I'd kick the habit for a while and have a wonderful time with friends, then drop back into it when things got bad.

Now, I've been out of school for two years. By the way, yes I got a degree but I'm not happy doing what I'm doing now. I want to get into law school but my grades are awful from college (2.5), mostly because I spent too much time on a pointless hobby.

You're a freshman. Don't repeat my mistake. I missed out, and continue to miss out, on countless opportunities because of my computer. If you have the discipline to not play 27 os UTG, then you should be able to find the discipline to limit yourself to an hour a day, or whatever you find is necessary to keep school and your social life in balance. Good luck.