View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Not raising with KK on good flop

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Hmmm, BBs bet doesn't really say anything. If I'm rasing CO will get 2 to 19 to call and button 2 to 21(if CO calls). That and the fact that they are loose makes me just call here, intending to raise the turn.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The question I think you should ask is 1:9.5 to call to what. I flush draw will call no matter what. But raising makes it wrong for say a gutshot with 4 outs to call(excluding implied odds). The only over card to your pair is an A so assuming only one of them has one, they are drawing to 3 outs and are not getting good enough odds. You may push out a weak Q such as QJ with your raise (even though it may be right for them to call). Otherwise, you are collecting bets while you still can. If the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes on the turn you are not going to be happy. And as it turned out an A came on the turn which did not make you happy. Raise and try to force people to either call incorrectly or fold incorrectly.