View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Hold Em; Chasing for the Right Price?

Is it a 4 or 5 bet cap? The only potential problem I see is that you might get raised again on the flop, and if its a 5 bet cap the idea of calling that many more bets isn't appealing.

If your're really curious, look at your absolute odds to determine if you made the right play or not.

If i'm counting it right you ended up winning a pot that had 37.5 BB (discounting all money you invested post flop)in it. After the flop you had to call 3.5 BB so you got 37.5:3.5. If my math is right, your about a 6:1 dog to hit your gutter, and your getting a little better than 10:1, so i'd say even when you look at the whole hand it looks like you needed to see the river.

I do think, however, its important to note how not closing the action can drastically affect these kinds of situations. I also think that assuming that all 4 of your outs are live might be a mistake, as there are a lot of hands w/ Tens in them that your opponents may be calling with. Even if you assume that you have 2 shots at 3 outs, however, its still correct to see the river, mostly because of your relative postion on the aggressor and your ability to get a lot of extra bets on the river.

how'd I do?

lf