View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Bellagio 30/60 78s

The Cast:

MP2 is a smart, but not really tricky, TAG. Button bounces back and forth between TAG and LAG, but plays well post flop. He's tricky, deceptive, and likes to slowplay big hands. The rest of the field is unimportant.

UTG and UTG+1 both limp. MP2 raises. MP3 cold cals. c/o calls. Button is involved in a conversation with a railbird. The dealer gets his attention, and he tries to call one bet. After being informed it was raised, he calls both cold. I call in the SB w/ 78 clubs. BB calls. 8 to the flop.

Flop:

8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check. All check to MP2 who bets. Folded to button who calls. I call. I figured this to be one of those "reverse implied odds spots" and wanted to see the turn card before I went crazy.

3 callers behind me. 6 to the turn

Turn

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check. Checked to the button who bets. I c/r. Folded to MP2 who takes forever and then calls (obvious at this point that he had a flush draw, not sure which one). button 3 bets...gulp. I call knowing I need to improve.

The river is the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to the button who bets. I start thinking about what the button might have 3 bet the turn with, that matched with his preflop play. I came up with a set, two pair (probably 45), or maybe a suited King.

I look at this monstrous pot, knowing I have MP2 beat, and call hoping beyond all hope that he'll show me a counterfeited 45.

Thoughts?

lf