View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 07:26 PM

Default AA faces all-in overbet on the flop

I'm playing the 600max on party today, and I pick up AA UTG. We're ten handed and the game is aggressive by my standards for the 600 game, so I figure i'll do something I've never done before online, ever. Limp with the intention of re-raising. So I limp in and it folds around to the button who makes it $18 to go. I dont have the hand history in front of me, but I raised to around $65. Button calls with roughly $1100 behind and I cover.

Flop comes 9 7 2 rainbow and I lead for $120, and the button moves all-in for around $1000 more.

I've played three orbits with him and I cant tell you anything real descriptive. He seems to be just another unknown player. His handle on party is uberfishish or something like that. So no reads.....

As far as my play is concerned, the only thing that might stick out was when I raised UTG with a sooted 78 and stacked a short stack when he pushed on a flop of A 7 7 with his AK after he smooth called the PF raise.

Obviously AA has a ton of equity here, like, always, but I'm relatively new to online NL and I havent faced these massive overbets before. I've actually made this move myself when I wanted a call in a live game and had a good read on someone, so that's the only real experience I have with them.

Anybody who's dealt with these unknown overbets, please chime in and share some thoughts.

Tex