View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Relative overstaying their welcoime

So here's the deal. I have a relative who's very sick in the hospital. I happen to live about 5 miles away from said hospital because I just bought a house there with my girlfriend. When this relative got sick, my mom came down and stayed with us for 2 days which was fine of course. The problem is that 2 days has now turned into 10 and she's showing no signs of leaving. The sick relative is stable and in an induced coma for the next month. So basically, there will be no changes, and no communication from them. Add on to that the fact that my mother lives less than an hour away but says she wants to be closer to the hospital which is why she's staying here. This relative's husband also lives about 20 minutes away. I am on edge constantly because I have to watch myself because she's so easily offended, I can't smoke, and it's generally not much fun having your mother around when you just moved into a new house and are trying to get [censored] done.

So am I just an [censored] for wanting her out of here, and if I'm not, what do I say to her?

PS: Gimmick account because I don't want people here to know I'm dealing with all this.