View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004, 02:55 PM

Default Re: How to handle misdeals?

[ QUOTE ]
Hello!

Me and some friends of mine have started playing hold'em every two weeks and we are having a great time. However, none of us have played live before and there are some things that we aren't sure how to handle.

Tha last time we met the issue of misdeals came up. What rules to you guys employ if the dealer accidentaly shows a card that shouldn't have been shown. We settled on a fine of 2 BB (for the dealer) and paying back what each player has put in the pot and making the player to the left of the current dealer the dealer for the next hand.

How do you usually handle these things?

Related to this is what happens if a player shows their hand when mucking it.

Regards,
Mattias

[/ QUOTE ]

Misdeals happen, I don't see why you are fining people for mis-dealing. By the way, there are rules for cards being shown by the dealer after action has occured and those DO NOT RESULT IN A MISDEAL.

As far as showing hands when mucking, it depends, if there are others still to act, this is definitely a violation of etiquette, I could more of a reason to fine players for this than mis-dealing. But, if a mucked hand is shown, it should be shown to all players at the table.