View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: What\'s your favorite (variation or made up) home game?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Omaha Chicago sounds good, although in general this crowd has to really spice up games like Hold'em and Omaha and 7 stud- things like "your lowest hole card is wild and you can buy (exchange) two cards at the end." Or we play "Bingo" where there are 9 community cards turned up one at a time to go along with your 4 hole cards, the highest of which is wild. Good grief.

The T.J. Cloutier variation may be a nice change of pace. It'll throw everyone off but positioning your hand for a 2nd place finish sounds interesting. I'll see if it I can talk everyone into trying it.

5 card H/L is my kind of game but alas may be too much like real poker for my friends. They don't like calculating whether or not their ace high is good- they like to see royal flushes around the table. I like 7 card high/low stud roll your own, but they usually insist that we play with face cards wild or something which kind of throws the game out of whack.

Much appreciated. If I have to play Anaconda one more time I'm going to explode.